Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Still not doing well...

WHY??? Why can't I just do well, for once??? So frustrated!

I binged on s'mores (1300 calories), and purged about half of it. So I'd say I kept 700 calories in me. I would have purged more, but I didn't drink any water during my binge, so after a few purges I couldn't get anything up anymore. And then my bf's parents came home, so that was the end of that.

I work at a counseling clinic, and today I was unmotivated to work so I diagnosed myself. Here it is:

Axis I:      300.02     Generalized Anxiety Disorder
                311          Depressive Disorder- NOS
                307.5       Eating Disorder- NOS
Axis II:                     Deferred
Axis III:                   Chronic Achilles tendinitis
Axis IV:                   Moderate stressors
Axis V:                    Current GAF = 55

To decifer this for you:
Axis I is pretty obvious- I have Generalized Anxiety, depression, and EDNOS.
Axis II is for personality disorders and mental retardation, which I don't think I have.
Axis III is for general medical conditions. I have chronic Achilles tendinitis from being a dancer, and it makes it hard for me to function in daily life. For example, I can't do any exercise besides biking, swimming, and occasionally the elliptical machine. I can't stand up for long periods of time, so I can't go shopping or hiking. Basically, it sucks.
Axis IV is psychosocial and environmental factors, such as problems with the primary support system, problems with social environment, educational problems, housing problems, economic problems, occupational difficulties, legal difficulties, and transportation difficulties. I don't have enough of an understanding of Axis IV to fully diagnose myself, but I'd say that I have moderate stressors, especially in the social environment area.
Finally, Axis V is the GAF: Global Assessment of Functioning. Scores range from 1 to 100. 1 to 10 means persistent danger of hurting self or others OR persistent inability to maintain minimal personal hygiene OR serious suicidal act with clear expectation of death. 51 to 60 means moderate symptoms OR moderate difficulty in social, occupational, or school functioning. 100 means you function perfectly and don't need any therapy at all. I'd say that I'm about 55, but I can't tell without the actual scale. And trust me, I tried to get the scale, but it is not available.

So, there it is. Those are my self-diagnoses. As I am a psychology major, I feel that these diagnoses are pretty accurate. I bet you $10 that once I actually see a shrink, these will be my diagnoses, lol.

Well, let's hope that tomorrow is better than the last few days have been! Love you skinnies :)

*** EDIT ****
Just did the stationary bike for 45 minutes, plus 200 crunches, 20 jumping jacks, 10 push-ups, and 5 minutes of free weights. Burned 564 calories according to Livestrong.com! That counteracts my binge a bit, so I'm happy again :) Stay strong lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. When I binge, I do 80 to 90 mins of exercise, and it always helps me feel better. Or I meditate, or read an inspiring book. Darling, I know binging sucks ass but you need to stay positive, only way to go. :] You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol ok how do I find this so I can get a 'proper' diagnosis? (Or just ask my sodding psych lady to tell me whats up)

    Woot on the burnage! :D I'm going to hula for 2 hours. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete