Friday, July 30, 2010

Psych evaluation

My psych eval went alright... it was weird though. The nurse prescriber that did it was super awkward and doesn't interview people very well. She asked very direct questions (such as "Do you have any anxiety?" and "Do you have any insight into your cutting?"). If I hadn't been a psych major and been doing her transcription for a while, I wouldn't have known how to answer a lot of them. It was SUPER weird and awkward. I also didn't feel comfortable with her, so I didn't tell her that I'm suicidal sometimes.

However, she did diagnose me with Depressive Disorder NOS. I didn't get a chance to tell her about my anxiety, or else she definitely would have diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well, but whatever. She gave me a 30 day supply of Lexapo, and I'm going back in about 2.5 weeks for a follow up. I should know if the Lexapro is working in about a week to 10 days. I hope it makes me feel better! It's usually prescribed for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depression, which I basically have both of.

So we'll see how that goes :) I am so happy to hear that others of you read the DSM-IV-TR!! Yay!
Well, I don't have much else to say, so that's it girlies.

***EDIT***
I was also diagnosed with ED-NOS, but I felt like that was unnecessary to mention, since it's obvious that I have an ED :) She just assumed I was telling the truth about the fact that I was already diagnosed.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, that does sound a little bit awkward...and there was no sort of eating disorder diagnosis? Or has that gem already been obtained? Sometimes it's important just to have the diagnosis for insurance reasons (this I have learned). I hope the Lexapro works out for you, I've heard good things about it. All my best sweetie!

    xoRoseox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol.. I'm so glad you know what they DSM-IV-TR is.. I feel like an alien talking to the people around me about that book. That book is like a bible .. but also like a curse.. depends.. if you're interested it's awesome.. if someone else if using it to describe you.. it sucks! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on Lexapro. They tried that first on me. It made me feel good but made me horribly constipated and spotting all the time. (Bleeding 365 days a year was a deal breaker for me).
    I'm glad you're getting some help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks that your eval was awkward, but at least you're getting somewhere, si?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry it was awkward :(
    and ya i agree with lund3on i like the dsm-iv i think its cool but it sucks if someones using it to describe you.

    ReplyDelete