Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Can't sleep, earwigs will eat me

I couldn't sleep last night, so I spent an hour on blogger reading people's old blogs :) It was a great way to beat insomnia. I had a freaky dream that I was being attacked by spiders, and then I woke up and thought one was crawling on me. I tried to calm myself down and convince myself that I was fine, but then I thought, what if there are earwigs crawling on me??? That totally freaked me out, so I got up and went to the bathroom. Just a little background on the earwigs: apparently, there is a huge population of earwigs invading the Midwest this summer. When I was cat-sitting a few weeks ago, the house was full of them, and they completely freak me out. They are so creepy! So anyway, that's why I couldn't sleep (earwigs will eat me). Fucking earwigs...

I'm sorry, I'm a little nutso. But we already knew that, didn't we?
On a slightly more sane note, here is my intake:
- Breakfast: 10 raspberries (10)
- Lunch: Diet Coke (0)
- Dinner: Small Med salad from Noodles & Co (150) and Diet Sierra Mist (0)
Total calories: 160

Yep, that's pretty amazing! I'm really proud of myself :) I hope this pays off tomorrow! I was going to work out, but I'm so tired from working all day... I think I'll be alright without a workout. Bleh.

Hey, guess what? Well, I have three exciting bits of news.
Exciting news #1: I got a scale yesterday! It's beautiful! I love it. It's a Health-o-Meter. I know it works correctly, because I weighed myself on it and my old scale at two different times, and they're almost the same. Yay! I'm super excited. It saves the last five weigh-ins you do, and then compares them and tells you how much you've lost since each weigh-in. Pretty sweet.
Exciting news #2: I got green tea diet pills! I know, I said I wouldn't get any, but I changed my mind. I mean, it's Green Tea. It's basically just herbs. I already am feeling a difference. I took one this morning and one at lunch, and I had more energy and was less hungry all day. I have 120 pills, or a 60 day supply ($10 at Wal-Mart!). The only side effect that I'm noticing so far is that about 4 hours after I take a pill, I start to feel a little lightheaded and spacey, and that lasts for about an hour. For example, I took my first pill at 4 am (I was awake from the earwig dream), and around 8 am I was feeling really spacey and lightheaded. But by 9 or 10 am, it was gone. Odd...
Exciting news #3: I lost three pounds! I was 179.2 this morning. Oh my gosh, how does that happen?? I thought I did pretty poorly yesterday, so how on earth did I lose three pounds?? Well, 2.8 pounds, but whatever. I love it, either way.

So today was pretty great. My job was crazy, because of the office manager quitting yesterday (btw, Wren, I didn't get promoted, but I now have more responsibility). I took at least 6 referrals, I think, which is an insane amount!

Ok, well I hope everyone is doing well! Stay strong ladies <3

3 comments:

  1. Earwigs creep me out. I used to have nightmares about them. Ugghhhh.

    But yay for all three bits of news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing awesome! Lucky girl. Those scales look brilliant.

    And yeah, earwigs invaded my city at the start of this year. It was horrible. They were everywhere, and they're so bloody scary! Haha, it's great when they leave, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! yay for the weight loss, u are so kicking ass and taking names.

    funny side note: right before i read this post a teeny lil spider crawled across my desk, coincidence? :)

    ReplyDelete