Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Did I mention I hate migraines??

Courtesy of Google Images :-)

I hate them, seriously. Last night I could feel myself getting a migraine. It started around 5 pm, and got steadily worse. At 6 pm I took some Excedrin Migraine to see if I could make it go away before it got bad, but it had gotten worse at 7 pm, and I knew the meds weren't going to work. By 8 pm, I was so nauseated that I though I was going to throw up, but then I got up and walked around and that helped a lot. I went to bed and was able to sleep from 10 pm to 12 am. At 12 am, I got up to pee and the light in the hallway and bathroom triggered horrible pain. After that, I was awake with the worst headache pain I've had in my life and awful nausea. At three points between 3 am and 5 am, I was sobbing because it hurt so bad. I thought I was dying, seriously. I even told my boyfriend that I loved him and wanted to be with him forever, and if I died then I just wanted him to know that. Luckily he wasn't too fazed by that and he was really good at distracting me from the pain. At 4 am I took some more Excedrin Migraine, which didn't help. Finally at 5:30 am, that pain dulled enough that I was able to get to sleep. By the time I woke up at 6:30 am for class this morning, the pain was gone. I was still nauseated until after lunch, but it wasn't nearly as bad. I was also really shaky until after lunch, even though I ate a good breakfast. Right now I'm still not 100% because I'm super sleep-deprived.

In other new (good news, not bad), my food is going rather well. I ate half a bagel and a pastry for breakfast. I ate the pastry first, and then couldn't finish the bagel because I could feel that I was full. Yay for listening to my body! I ate a grilled cheese sandwich, French fries (I know, not the healthiest choice), and pretzels for lunch. That must have been a lot of food for me, even though I didn't feel overly full, because I wasn't hungry for dinner 6 hours later. However, I ate anyway, because I wouldn't have had time later. For dinner I had a beans-and-rice concoction (I always make it when the food really sucks at the dining hall), some mashed potatoes, and peas&corn. It was a good dinner! Oh, and I had milk with every meal. I'm trying to get as much calcium as possible, to build up my strong bones.

So overall it was a good food day! I wanted some dessert at dinner, but it was cherry pie (which I like but not that much) and so I didn't get any. If it had been something chocolate, I probably would have gotten it and that would have been ok too. I am doing well by taking this one meal at a time. I don't think about the other meals I've eaten during the day when I'm eating a meal, because that makes me freak out a little bit. I just think about what looks tasty and how hungry I am.

Well, I really need to get some sleep because I'm seriously exhausted. I hope your days all went well! Remember, if you need anything you can always email me :) Stay strong lovelies!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate it when I get migraines! They're so horrible!
    Have a great sleep, lovely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry...I get migraines much too often...I'm sorry you have to go through that pain. I'm glad you're feeling better and I'm sending you good sleep vibes...fabulous work on taking it one meal at a time...it sounds like you are really listening to you and not to your ED. Good job girly! Much love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Cuddles* Migraine SUCK!!

    ^_^ Go you for listening to your body! DOn't beat yourself up over the fries, they were soul food, spoiling yourself a little, ok?

    Sleep well tonight <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. migranes push me over the edge. can't move when I have them.

    congrats on the bagel and pastry!!!

    i'm glad the rest of your day went a bit better
    xoxo
    i hope you slept well
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweettttiiiee! I'm so sorry! I hate migranes more than I hate velvet/corduroy white pants, or orange with pastels!

    I always take a bath..but nothing ever helps me.
    Good job with the eating and realizing you're full..It's hard to do when something is so damn tastey!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete