Monday, September 6, 2010

Eeek, a talking muffin!

Courtesy of Keeks at Babeled.com
I think today was good, foodwise. I ate a bagel for breakfast, and that lasted me until lunchtime. After breakfast, I was getting ready in my room and had the urge to eat a mini candy bar, but I recognized that I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat it. It seems like a small thing, but it's a victory for me! I ate a hummus wrap and a bran muffin for lunch, but I guess that wasn't enough food because I was starving about 3 hours later. Because I was so hungry, I grabbed a peanut butter granola bar thing from the vending machine after my last class and ate it on my way to the library for a tutoring session. I didn't even look at the calories! I did look at the protein, because I wanted to know if it would fill me up a lot and hold me till dinner. Then after my tutoring session, I had dinner: a scoop of peas and three squares of pizza, plus milk. Afterward, I wasn't hungry and I wasn't overly full. I haven't eaten anything since then, and I don't think I will eat anything else until tomorrow. I have TA hours (Teaching Assistant) for the class I'm helping with right now, then I have a bible study group, and then I have to go to the TA hours for my math class. And then I'll go to bed!

So today was really busy, but I think the food went really well. I just have to listen to my body. I think it will be a day-by-day process, but I can do it. I just have to concentrate on it, and not let myself slip.

Ya'll are amazing! I love seeing your wonderful comments :)
Stay strong!!

4 comments:

  1. You're an inspiration! I love the talking muffin joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I love that joke! It reminds me of one that I ALWAYS tell and no one laughs at it..but I can never even finish it because I start laughing my ass off!

    Good job on listening to your body :) such inspiration
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is incredible! Eating a granola bar without looking at the calorie count??? Do you realize how normal that is??? Like, normal people eat like that, people without disorders!! You are well on your way, my dear :) You're amazing. You should be really proud of yourself for how well you did today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha, I LOVE that!!!!!
    And I love that you ate without checking all the information! It's lovely to hear! Well done.
    <3

    ReplyDelete