Tuesday, June 21, 2011
I had a sleepover with my best friend this weekend, which was pretty fantabulous. My parents were out of town, so we got to be ALONE for a whole evening! We drank cocktails (and stayed totally sober), read My Immortal (a ridiculously bad Harry Potter fanfiction that everyone loves to laugh at; there's a drinking game for it too!) and died laughing, and watched No Strings Attached. It was a great night! Sometimes my bestie and I have weird, non-interactive sleepovers because we don't have as much in common as we did when we were 13, but I'd say that this was our best one yet :)
I also injured myself while working out on Saturday (dumb dumb de-dumb dumb). I did the stationary bike for 45 minutes instead of 30, and I decided that since I was feeling so good on the bike, I would up the resistance too. Bad move. I'm not sure which one of those things was the tipping point, but after I left the gym, I realized that my right inner thigh and butt muscles were really hurt. I was limping and couldn't even walk up the stairs using my right leg! Oops... I wish I'd realized it sooner, and then I could have stopped my workout. But even after I stopped biking, I did my physical therapy stuff and some weights and felt no pain. Grr! Stupid body. So I took Sunday and Monday (today) off, and tomorrow I will carefully try the bike again. Hope it goes well!
Oh! I found this great recipe for Sweet Potato Fries that's super healthy.
- You take a sweet potato, cut it into strips or rounds (I cut into rounds because it is SO much easier).
- Lightly coat with olive oil (I just dip my fingers in the olive oil a bit and spread it on each piece of sweet potato).
- Sprinkle with cumin, salt, chili powder, and onion powder (I only use cumin and salt, but I think just salt would be delicious too!).
- Place on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet (parchment paper is good too) and bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-18 minutes.
- Take out when the sweet potato rounds are slightly browned on the tops. Some of them may be burnt, which is fine.
It's SO GOOD! It is very healthy and low in calories, for those of you who are concerned. I wouldn't normally share recipes on here, but this one is too good to not share.
Ok, that's it. Have a wonderful evening guys! xoxoxo