Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rape

So I like this show called Veronica Mars. It's basically about this teenage girl whose dad is a private investigator, and she helps him investigate crimes/investigates stuff for her friends. I love this show. I am on season 3, which is the last season, and I really want to see how it ends.

Here's my issue: there is so much rape in this show, it's not even funny. I want to be strong, and pretend that seeing girls on this show after they've been raped doesn't affect me, but that's not true at all. It was alright in the last two seasons because rape was only mentioned a few times, but this season is all about Veronica finding out who this serial rapist is. Can I really handle rape in every episode for a whole season? I'm on episode 2 and I don't know if I can handle it.

I don't know what to do. I just want to be a better person. I want to be a strong person. I want to be a person who doesn't get affected by things like this. Just because I was raped, doesn't mean I have to freak out whenever it is mentioned, right?

Uuuug.

2 comments:

  1. You were hurt, scarred deep. If some cunt walks up and kicks you in the scar OF COURSE it will hurt. You are a human!

    If you don't think you can watch it and not freak out, don't watch it. If on the other hand this helps you heal, watch it. If you'e watching it to desensitise yourself and become deliberately numb, DON'T watch it.

    I wanna hug you *Grabby hands* *Hugs laptop* It's not the same :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Rofls* Super-hungover at a religious seminar? Classy! :p Ugh, last time I got that drunk I was helping a friend drink and drug away her 5th miscarriage in a row. I forgot my tolerance is a LOT lower than it used to be. I get buzzed off one shot now! WTF?!? I ditched the movie-screening for class. A 2.5hour family drama? Nothnx! I wish we got potty breaks :'( I nearly fell asleep when the lecturer started waffling on about the cast *sigh*

    I'm crossing my fingers that the show is light on the rape-details. It's not a nice thing to have people desensitized to, especially given how the dominant Western culture thinks chicks provoke guys by dressing in a "provocative" way. Lol, if I was a guy I'd be pretty damn pissed off to think that people assumed I has so little self-control I'd try to fuck any pair or tits in a short skirt that went by me!

    I luffles you AND your poor abused liver :p

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete