Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grateful

I realized today that I'm grateful for many things, and I should remind myself of those things more often. I am grateful for:


  1. The beautiful weather we had today.
  2. The fact that I could enjoy the weather today.
  3. My friends and family.
  4. My support system and the fact that I can call any of them, anytime, and they will help me.
  5. My sister and her wonderfulness!
  6. Chocolate.
  7. My curiosity and willingness to learn.
  8. Laughter and its healing powers.
  9. My openness with others and how that can create connections that I never thought possible.
  10. Being alive!
There are so many things to be grateful for, and even though I sometimes forget this fact, I think it's really important. I need to think about the things I'm grateful for each day, and remind myself that I do have things to live for. I have friend and family who love me, and a bright future that I don't want to miss. I am grateful for life.

On a slightly different note, I am quitting my self-injury. I have been a cutter on and off for almost eight years, and it's time to stop. I have three support people that I can call if I want to cut, and a bunch of things I can do instead of cutting. I also have this amazing website (http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/kharre.html) that I can visit if I need extra help, and hotlines that I can call. I CAN DO THIS. I may mess up, but that's alright. I realize that cutting is a coping mechanism for me, and that doesn't make it bad. However, it's not healthy and I need to find better coping mechanisms. So if I slip up and cut, it's alright. But I'd rather not :) I'll keep you all updated!

I love you guys, you know that. Stay strong lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. You should never forget this.
    Wake up every morning and think about everything that matters to you and the things you have and be thankful you're not in a worse situation.

    Keep off the cutting, love <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see such a lovely, positive post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah! (Say that like the big jug of juice guy from Family Guy, but with less sleeze and more enthusiasm XD)

    You are AWESOME and with such awesome tools you can definitely find a better way to cope than leaving holes in your pretty skin.

    Chocolate and sunshine and laughing, oh my! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.
    Complicated AND SCARY!! I can't keep track of where I am with a bloody baby hat! D:

    You're right about that girl not being very mature. I find that I've been giving her the benefit of the doubt. Lol, FAR more credit than she's due sadly. A lot of her problems are of her own making, and it drives me bonkers! Better stop borrowing trouble XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. :) I'm so happy you're finding more healthy ways to deal with things, gorgeous.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you posted the grateful list. It makes me think of all the simple and non-simple things that I am grateful for in my life!

    Nice to be directly reminded of the positive :)

    ReplyDelete